On Wednesday 21st September at 7pm there will be a community meeting to discuss the green and open spaces in the Birley Ward. These meetings are a chance for local residents to express any views and share ideas they have on your area. Previous meetings have been successful in raising new points and gives all who attend the chance to put their views forward and help make a positive difference in our community.
The meeting will be held at the Gleadless library on White Lane, S12 3GH. For any more information you can contact Councillor Karen McGowan on Karen.email@example.com
Please see below information from Northern Powergrid regarding the launch of a new phone number:
On 6 September a new national phone number ‘105’ will be launched by electricity network operators for customers to call should they need to report or get information about a power cut in their area.
We want to work with our stakeholders to help build a strong awareness of this important new service.
We’d be grateful in the weeks prior to the official launch if you could consider any opportunities, and where possible prepare, to help support the communication of 105 so together we can maximise awareness from 6 September and beyond.
Key points about this service are:
- Dialling 105 will put customers through to the electricity network operator who manages the cables, power lines and substations that deliver electricity into homes and businesses in their area.
- 105 is just one of the ways that customers will be able to contact their electricity network operator. They can also contact them by phone or via their website, and most network operators, including Northern Powergrid, are on social media too.
- 105 is a free service for people in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Customers can call 105 no matter who they choose to buy electricity from.
- Customers can also call 105 if they spot damage to electricity power lines and substations that could put anyone in danger. If there’s a serious immediate risk, they should call the emergency services too.
An awareness campaign will run from September through to next spring and will include PR, media advertising, social media and coordinated messaging through partner channels.
Hopefully you can help us to raise awareness of this important new national 105 service through your channels, once the service is launched. We can provide you with the following materials for use from 6 September:
- Copy for newsletters, websites and magazines
- 105 imagery
- Tips on what to do in a power cut
- Comment from our spokespeople
- Images which can be used on your social media pages
- An animated film explaining 105
- We can also work with you to co-create bespoke content specifically for your channels, where appropriate.
We will also want to continue to work with partners to raise awareness of 105 in the longer-term.
If you have any questions or would like any further information, do let us know. Also, if you’re able to support awareness raising of 105, please can you let us know when, where and how you can help by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your help.